Effective as of January 1, 2019
- Visiting our offices
- Receiving communications from us, including emails or text
- Registering for our events
- Participating in community discussion boards and/or groups
This website as well as other proprietary software websites are administered by iQuantile, LLC. Our websites may contain links to other websites, applications and services maintained by third parties. The information practices of such other services are governed by the third-party privacy statements, which we encourage you to review to better understand those third parties’ privacy practices.
The primary purpose of iQuantile is to be a resource for your business. We want you to feel secure when visiting our site or using our different digital platforms and we are committed to maintaining your privacy. The following provides an overview of how we protect your privacy during your visit.
How is Information Collected
Information on our site is gathered in two ways: (1) indirectly (for example, through our site's technology); and (2) directly (for example, when you provide information on various pages of www.iquantile.com).
We may also collect information about you from other sources, including but not limited to third parties from whom we have purchased Personal Data, and combine this information with Personal Data provided by you. In particular, we collect Personal Data from the following sources:
- Business contact information, country of origin, including mailing address, job title, email address, phone number, ‘intent data’ which is web user behaviour data, IP addresses, social handles, LinkedIn URL and custom profiles from third party data providers for the purposes of targeted advertising, delivering relevant email content, event promotion and profiling;
- iQuantile and its platform websites use third-party platforms such as GitHub to manage code check-ins and pull requests. If you participate in an open source or community development project, we may associate your code repository username with your community account so we could inform you of program changes that are important to your participation or additional security requirements.
The Personal Data that we collect directly from you may include the following:
- if you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our services, request customer support, use our "Contact Us" or similar features, register to use our websites, sign up for an event or webinar, or download certain content, we generally require you to provide us with your contact information, such as your name, job title, company name, country of origin, address, phone number, or email address;
- if you makes purchases via our websites or register for an event, we may also require you to provide us with financial information and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number, or bank account information;
- if you attend an event, we may, upon your consent, scan your attendee badge which will provide us with your name, title and company name, address, country, phone number and email address;
- if you register for an online community that we host, we may ask you to provide a username, photo and/or biographical information, such as your occupation, social media profiles, company name, and areas of expertise;
- if you use and interact with our websites, we automatically collect log files and other information about your device and your usage of our websites through cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, such as IP-addresses or other identifiers, which may qualify as Personal Data (view the "What device and usage data we process" section below);
- if you visit our offices, you may be required to register as a visitor and to provide your name, email address, phone number, company name and time and date of arrival.
Devices and Data Usage
We use common information-gathering tools, such as log files, cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to automatically collect information, which may contain Personal Data, from your computer or mobile device as you navigate our websites or interact with emails we have sent you.
We gather certain information automatically via log files. This collected information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, your location, your browser type, your Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files you viewed, your searches, your operating system and system configuration information, and date/time stamps associated with your usage. This information is used to analyze overall trends, to help us provide and improve our websites and to guarantee their security and continued proper functioning. We also collect IP addresses from users when they log into the services as part of the Company’s security features. One example of information we collect indirectly is through our Internet access logs. When you access www.iquantile.com, your Internet address is automatically collected and is placed in our Internet access logs.
Sensitive Personal Data
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive personal data through this site. If we do seek to collect such data, we will ask you to consent to our proposed uses of the data. We may also collect some sensitive personal data incidentally. By providing us with unsolicited sensitive personal data, you consent to using the data subject to applicable law as described in this Privacy Statement.
Access To Your Information
You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do, to have access to that information and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can do this by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com
We take appropriate steps to maintain the security of your data on www.iquantile.com. You should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. We take full measures in maintaining your privacy and creating a valuable resource for you to use. If you have any questions now or during your visit, please contact us.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies
We also use web beacons on our websites. For example, we may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our websites. Such tracking technologies are used to operate and improve our websites and email communications and track the clicking of links or opening of emails. The following sets out how we use different categories of cookies and similar technologies, as well as information on your options for managing the settings for the data collection by these technologies:
Types of Cookies We Use
These cookies are embedded in all our websites that allow you to easily navigate, see and download information, etc.
These cookies remember information you entered on our website, or choices you made (e.g. clicking a link). We use these cookies to understand which information and/or links are more viewed, which functions are often used, and so on. We use Google Analytics, as well as analytics tool from social media sites (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, etc.) to understand visitor’s behavior on our websites.
While we do not display ads on our websites, we sometimes use targeting cookies for marketing and promotional campaigns to understand how our target markets respond to our messaging. These cookies may track your country of origin, types of device you use, age group, time of the day, duration, etc.
Nothing is more important to us than your rights to privacy. You may opt-out from the collection of device and usage data by managing your cookies at the individual browser level. In addition, if you wish to opt-out of targeting cookies, or if you are located in the EU countries, please click here.
Social Media Data
iQuantile and its product websites also use various social media platforms and their tracking mechanisms such as Facebook “like”, Linkedin “Follow”, Twitter “RT”, etc. If you click on our social media pages or links posted on our websites, the third-party social media network may be tracking your information via their tools. If you are logged into your social media account, it is possible that the respective social media network can link your visit of our websites with your social media profile.
How We Use Your Data
- We process collected data that is necessary for the performance of our websites, to establish contact with you, and/or provide you with the content you access or request.
- We track data to create aggregated information, verify accounts and activities, investigate suspicious activities, and/or violations of our terms and policies for usage of our websites, platforms, and products. We have a legitimate interest in protecting our proprietary information, as well as your safety and security, and we use the data to protecting our rights and the rights of our visitors and users.
- We will process your Personal Data by managing your user account for the purpose of performing the contract with you according to any applicable terms of service.
- When you fill out a “Contact us” web form, request user support, or if you contact us by other means, we will process your Personal Data for the performance of our contract with you and to the extent it is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests to fulfill your request and communicate with you.
- When you pay us online, we will process your respective data to check the financial institution(s) which you are using to make the payment and collect our payments to the extent this is necessary for completing transaction with you under the service contract.
- Your data will be used to analyze trends, track your usage of our websites and interactions with emails to the extent this is necessary for our legitimate interests to develop and improve our websites and to provide our users with more relevant and interesting content.
- We will process your Personal Data to conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our websites, and other personalized content based upon your activities and interests to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interests to advertise our websites or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior separate consent.
- We will collect information such as email addresses, names, company information, phone numbers, and other relevant data from publicly available sources, as well as from our affiliates and partners to send promotional emails.
- We are required to cooperate with public and government authorities, courts, regulators and other oversight bodies, and we will process your data in accordance with our obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of data to protect our rights, and is necessary for our legitimate interests to protect against misuse or abuse of our websites, to protect personal property or safety, to pursue remedies available to us and limit our damages, to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal process, and/or respond to lawful requests.
International Transfer Of Information Collected
Your Personal Data may be collected, transferred to and stored by us in the United States and by our affiliates in other countries where we operate.
Therefore, your Personal Data may be processed outside the EEA, and in countries which are not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission and which may not provide for the same level of data protection in the EEA. In this event, we will ensure that such recipient offers an adequate level of protection, for instance by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission (Art. 46 GDPR), or we will ask you for your prior consent to such international data transfers.
Data Regarding Children
Our websites are not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Data without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will take steps to delete such Personal Data from our systems.
Your Rights To Data
You have certain rights regarding your Personal Data, subject to local data protection laws. These may include the following rights:
- to access your Personal Data held by us (right to access);
- to rectify inaccurate Personal Data and ensure it is complete (right to rectification);
- to erase/delete your Personal Data to the extent permitted by other legal obligations (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
- to restrict our processing of your Personal Data (right to restriction of processing);
- to transfer your Personal Data to another controller to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- to object to any processing of your Personal Data carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests (right to object). Where we process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection;
- not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects ("Automated Decision-Making"); Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our websites;
- to the extent we base the collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Data on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal
How To Exercise Your Rights To Data
To exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month and will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your request. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month, taking into account the complexity and number of requests we receive.
In addition, if you have registered for an account with any of our platforms, you may generally update your user settings, profile, organization’s settings or event registration by logging into the applicable website with your username and password and editing your settings or profile. To update your billing information, discontinue your account, and/or request return or deletion of your Personal Data and other information associated with your account, please contact us.
To exercise your rights regarding your Personal Data, or if you have questions regarding this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices please email us at any of the following:
firstname.lastname@example.org, General Counsel
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, and you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.